Home Educators Around Texoma
Wed, Apr 20|
H.E.A.T College/Career Fair 2022
Learn more about where you want to go in life!!
Time & Location
Apr 20, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Wichita Falls, 1001 8th St, Wichita Falls, TX 76301, USA
About the event
H.E.A.T. College/Career Fair 2022 - Agenda
Wichita Falls Baptist Church
1001 8th Street
Wichita Falls, TX
20 April 2022 (Wednesday)
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
TIME EVENT POC* LOCATION
09:00 AM Organizer Setup All Large Room
09:45 AM Sign-in TBD Large Room
10:00 AM Formal Welcome / Intros- Paul Coraccio Large Room
10:15 AM Student Personality/Traits Assessment Ginger Boller Small Room
11:00 AM Homeschool Alumni College Panel TBD Small Room
11:45 PM Homeschool Alumni Career/Business Panel TBD Small Room
12:30 PM Break TBD Small Room
01:00 PM Fair Participant Intros & Booths OPEN Each / Self-Guided Large Room
02:00 PM Fair Close- Paul Coraccio Large Room
02:15 PM Cleanup All
* POC = Point of Contact
1. Attendees will “sign-in” at the welcome table between 9:45 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Attendee cost is free for H.E.A.T. members, $2.00 for non-members ($10 max per family), or they can join H.E.A.T. for $10.00 annual membership and attend the event for free. Presenters and panel members, etc. are of course free.
Introduce HEAT Board for 2021-2022 school year
Provide overview of event
3. Students can take a personality/traits assessment, the results of which are for the personal/private use of the student/family only and not recorded or distributed. Facilitated by Ginger Boller (email@example.com).
4a. Parents/students can ask a panel of graduated homeschool parents questions about lessons learned, tips, etc. concerning navigating a college track.
4b. Parents/students can ask a panel of graduated homeschool parents, and current business owners questions about lessons learned, tips, etc. concerning navigating a career/business track.
5. H.E.A.T. will provide water and pizza for a short lunch break. We invite attendees who wish to bring a snack to share (optional).
6. Fair participants get ___ minutes to provide their intro and point out their booth location. Organizations scheduled to attend:
7. Students who visited all the booths/events and had their "fair passport" stamped or initialed by that booth can have an opportunity to be selected for a give-away.